Geographic Data Scientists have varied career trajectories and work within a variety of industry sectors. In this post we assemble a number of career profiles for people who have some connection to the University of Liverpool and are now working within Geographic Data Science. We asked each of them the following questions:
- What does your company do?
- What is your role?
- Describe a typical mapping or spatial analysis task conducted in your role?
- What career path did you follow into your current job?
- What advice would you give a student wishing to start a Geographic Data Science career in your industry?
- Where do you see the Geographic Data Science industry going in the next 10 years?