We are currently recruiting for 16 PhD positions that are available for start in September 2017 in the ESRC funded Centre for Data Analytics and Society at the Universities of Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester and Sheffield. Four will be based in the Geographic Data Science lab here at the University of Liverpool, and there are lots of exciting partner linked projects to choose from!
The funding is to complete a 4-year integrated PhD and MSc in Data Analytics and Society. The programme will include an integrated MSc in Data Analytics over the first two years which will provide you with the foundation skills to complete your research project. We are there interested in final year undergraduate or masters students.
All projects have been developed in conjunction with external organisations and can be seen here – https://datacdt.org/projects/
Please visit https://datacdt.org/industry-partners/ for a list of our industrial partners.
The following projects are based at Liverpool:
- Automating detailed urban data extraction from high resolution aerial imagery https://datacdt.org/projects/aerial-imagery/
- Scalable analytical framework for spatio-temporal data analysis
- Non Linear mixed effect pricing elasticity modelling incorporating different layers of fixed and random effects https://datacdt.org/projects/pricing-elasticity-modelling/
- Developing an algorithm for non intrusive cross device customer journey mapping for non self identified customers https://datacdt.org/projects/customer-journey-mapping/
- Modelling the impact of the physical location of the customer on online browsing and purchase behaviour https://datacdt.org/projects/physical-location/
- Modelling the impact of predicated and actual weather on online customer behaviourhttps://datacdt.org/projects/impact-of-weather/
- A Topological data analysis of big spatio-temporal urban data
- Understanding dynamic pedestrian movements and transport flows within urban environments through sensor data
- Product bifuraction and omni-channel retail
- Weather and the impact on high street retail